Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Christian Hipster

The quiz seems intended mostly for Evangelicals but I took the Christin Hipster quiz and scored rather high:

your Christian Hipster Quotient:
71 / 120

High CHQ. You are a pretty progressive, stylish, hipster-leaning Christian, even while you could easily feel at home in a decidedly un-hip non-denominational church. You are conservative on some issues and liberal on others, and sometimes you grow weary of trendy "alt-Christianity." But make no mistake: You are a Christian hipster to at least some degree.
I do believe that is the only time in my life anyone has called me progressive (not that there is anything wrong with that). Stylish I have, of course, been accused of often enough to be jaded by the experience. But never progressive.

I hate progress.

If you are feeling brave enough to try, the quiz is here.

The (very shallow) article that inspired it is here.

1 comment:

  1. I scored 68/120, so we're in the same ball park. But their description of what I probably am--Hawaian shirt? they've got to be kidding--is way off base. Also, this test has to be geared for people 30 and under, I never heard of most of the people they ask about in the questions, I guessed on those. Tillich and Bultmann I knew!

    Yes, it is a very shallow article. But they fall into the same trap as the "non-hip" Christians to the degree that they believe "all hip" or "all non-hip" Christians must think and act a certain way.

    ReplyDelete