Friday, June 3, 2011

I got spammed in the comments

Only for the second time so I can't complain too much. I deleted the original but here is what the spammer wrote:
Business analysts who review the business plan funding account does not actually read all of the business plan.
I know, why delete it just to paste it in one of my own posts? Because the actual text is pretty harmless. It doesn't make any sense.

What I liked though was that the spammer has set up a bogus account at Blogger and that bogus account has a user profile. Here it is:
About Me
Ever stop to think and forget to start again......?
That's it. That is the whole profile. But is brilliant in its way. It's not about him (it couldn't be about him because he doesn't exist being just  a front to send out spam). The profile is about you because it gets you thinking about yourself. I may have to use this as a future uncool quote of the month.

Update: Apparently A.A. Milne said this first and that rings true. It's vapid enough to be Milne. But it's not the source of the quote but the intent that makes it brilliant. His profile is really about the person reading it and that makes it inherently fascinating.

1 comment: