Friday, June 10, 2011

Because it's summer: smooth song of the day #2

Hello It's Me by Todd Rungren
The first time I fell in love was with one of those smooth, clean girls in Indian cotton and leather sandals we spent more time analyzing our relationship than actually having it. She lived in an old house now torn down and when her dad was out at work during the day she used to invite me in to sit on the floor and talk to her while she took a bath. I'd read to her and every once in a while I'd change the record. This was one of her all time faves (from a record her older sister left behind when she moved out).





And the song is a lot like Ellen being more interested in analyzing the relationship than having it. Years later when I saw Dawson and Joey on Dawson's Creek, I thought, that's us. The resemblance was uncanny:



The series starts here.

The next song is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment