Saturday, November 20, 2010

That Madonna video

I rarely have the patience to watch music videos so I usually put them on and open another page.

This morning I actually watched the Madonna video (scroll to bottom) that I put up yesterday and though that if I ever needed to back up my claim that Madonna is a clown, all I need do is tell people to watch that video and contrast the words and images.

The words are realistic and encourage women to not get swept up in foolish fantasies and stand up for what they really want.

The images are utterly unrealistic and tell the story of a woman debasing herself in pursuit of a foolish fantasy. Think in particular how uncomfortable it would be to actually be in the situation projected. It would be physically uncomfortable, emotionally uncomfortable and morally uncomfortable.

And it tells you everything you need to know about Madonna that she can't see the contradictions.

Great song nevertheless. Someone with more talent than Madonna should do a version, assuming they could stomach the idea of making Madonna even richer than she already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment