Thursday, July 22, 2010

Moral philosophy quiz answers (6)


Ah yes, happiness.
 6. HAPPINESS Will using morality properly necessarily result in maximization of our own happiness?
    a) Yes.
   b) No, not necessarily.
   c) Doesn't matter/Dislike all answer choices
      What priority do you place on your selection above? High    Medium    Low  
 I like the word happiness. Any morality worth it's salt will be aimed at happiness. 

I'm not so fond of the word maximization. That says utilitarianism and being older than twenty-five and believing in utilitarianism is like being over twenty-five and reading comic books, It says that you are not a serious person. So I fudged the answer. Happiness yes. Maximization of happiness no.
 

3 comments:

  1. I chose b) with either Medium or High priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, we're pretty close so far. I wonder which answer or answers sent me down the Aquinas cart track and you down the Sartre highway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete