Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moral philosophy quiz answers (2)

 2. PURPOSE TO LIFE Does each person have a moral purpose/morally ideal way to live?
    a) Yes, the ideal life exists outside of one's preferences and is the same for all people
    b) Yes, but the way to live in order to meet that purpose is unique for each individual
   c) Yes, but following moral law is the only standard that a person must meet
    d) No, yet there are ways to act that are inherently more conducive to the self-interest of the person who is acting
    e) No, yet there are logically consistent ways to act and logically inconsistent ways to act
    f) Doesn't matter/Dislike all answer choices
      What priority do you place on your selection above? High    Medium    Low  
My choice is in white. Again, nothing about my answer here took any soul searching. I believe in virtue ethics because I believe we have a purpose. This is what I was taught  by my parents at home and the Nuns at school from an early age and I agree. A half century life experience has only led me to agree more strongly.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we both chose the same answers for the first two questions, but I might have given #1 a Medium priority rather than High.

    ReplyDelete