Friday, December 14, 2012

A little light culture: Jeremy Irons reads Brideshead

It has taken me months to get this one up. While driving to and from our vacation destination last September, the Lemon Girl and I listened to an audiobook of Jeremy Irons reading Brideshead Revisited. I cannot recommend this one too highly.

One caveat, Irons puts a slightly different interpretation on the characters than the famous TV series. That's a good thing because it is slightly different and significantly better. Irons obviously really gets the book and obviously really loves it. Listening to his version will increase your enjoyment of this magnificent book.


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I listened to the unabridged audio a while ago. Irons is a great reader, his reading of Eliot, too, is far better than Eliot's own.

    ReplyDelete