Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Slow brain day

Yesterday was a holiday here, thus no posts.

But I got a comment on an old post that had me heated up for a while. The comment started with a brief compliment and then said that I'd made numerous spelling and punctuation errors. Well, I do make my share, so I started reviewing it. And found there was only one typo and one repeated word in a fairly long post. Punctuation is harder to judge as there are different schools on comma use and an awful lot of people have simply been taught incorrectly. Again, although I do make punctuation mistakes pretty regularly, there just weren't enough mistakes in the piece to justify the comment.

Anyway, I was just about to get huffy about it when I noticed that the commenter had signed himself "Bo Gus". Normally, I delete trolls but I'll let that one stand for having a sense of humour about himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment