Thursday, July 26, 2012

The moral apocalypse continues

Some things you couldn't make up. An actress cheats on her boyfriend with a married man and then apologizes to ... wait for it ... the public! And then an organ of what used to be called the serious press runs a piece commending her for her exemplary moral conduct.
In fact, Stewart's blase attitude toward her own image could explain why she apologized so quickly and with so much apparent emotion. She didn't try to see if she could trick the public into believing the affair didn't happen. She didn't wait for a damage-control expert's opinion on what sort of statement would sound best to her fans. She just wanted forgiveness, so she asked for it.
She wanted forgiveness from her fans? Kristen Stewart cares deeply about getting respect from a whole lot of people who were completely unaffected by what she did because her financial future depends on her image.

I love the apology too:
I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry.
Look at her word choice: "momentary indiscretion". Having sex with someone isn't a momentary indiscretion. You're lying. This was a big, nasty thing you did and you did it fully aware of what you were doing. You trashed everything starting with yourself. Apologize for that you jerk!

Hey guys, remember the rat rule if this ever happens to you: for every rat you discover you can be sure there are several more about the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment