Friday, March 12, 2010

Words I never thought I'd write

The attack on Glen Beck is unfair.

Yup it is.

Look, Jesus clearly instructed to care for the poor and in doing so he was affirming a message whose presence throughout the Bible is undeniable. But Glen Beck didn't say stop caring for others especially the poor.

He said that the terms "social justice" and "economic justice" are often used as code words for a political agenda. And I'm sorry if this offends some people but that is true. And a lot of churches and a lot of church-based organizations use the term to push anti-capitalist political campaigns.

I wouldn't say run for the doors when you see those terms but I'd definitely start checking the small print. I'd see what sort of initiatives such a church was pushing and if I didn't like them, then yes, me and my donations would go elsewhere and I'd advise you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment