Friday, July 12, 2013

Smooth baritones of summer: The Gospel according to der Bingle

This is for the Lemon Girl.
Yet I do love a certain light and a certain voice and certain fragrance and a certain food and a certain embrace when I love my God, the light, the voice, the fragrance, the food, and the embrace of my inner man, where His light that no place can contain shines into my soul, and where sounds reverberate which no period of time can carry away, and where aromas rise that no eating can diminish, and where that is embraced that no satiety can separate. This is what I love when I love my God. (Augustine, Confessions Bk 10, Chapter 6)
The Lemon Girl sang for a man with Alzheimer's a few years ago. He remembered very little else but he did remember how to sing this song.



But I am lowly and in pain;
let your salvation, O God, protect me.
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment