Thursday, December 6, 2012

Manly Thor's Day Special: Washing the bathroom floor

We have an old-fashioned tile floor wherein you have to seal the tiles every few months. We have this because we wanted it and had it installed at considerable expense. It features a kind of octagonal tile that used to be featured in every public school in the land and is now only made by one plant in Texas and we waited three months to get it.

And did I mention that it has to be sealed periodically?

The problem is that I didn't redo it this summer. And then I waited as months went by, watching the dirt getting ground in, but not doing anything about it.

Today, I finally did something about it. It's whiter than white again. It had to be washed four times to get it whiter than white again—three of those times on my knees scrubbing. WHich is why I haven't been blogging.

There are several lessons about manliness here and I think you are smart enough to figure them out for yourselves. I am off to learn about Benedictine spirituality with a book in one hand and a glass of Benedictine (what else?) in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment