Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Exploring Our Matrix: How Diverse Can A Church Be?

Exploring Our Matrix: How Diverse Can A Church Be?:
"When it comes to certain kinds of diversity, there is no limit. The church of which I am a member, Crooked Creek Baptist Church, has been racially integrated since it was founded."
That strikes me as a rather odd understanding of diversity. I'll grant you it's a common notion but what does it really mean? Are we implying that people with different colour skin think differently here? I certainly hope not.

I saw some real diversity this morning. I was in church and went by the Saint Anthony statue as I often do. I like Tony. There was a woman standing there who obviously sees Tony in an entirely different way from me. She was praying for her family members and after asking Tony some favour regarding each one, she took their photograph from a stack she had with her and pressed it against his robe.

No comments:

Post a Comment